Downriver Food Pantry Drive!
As we enter the holiday season, we approach one of the most important times of the year for giving. At Shore to Shore, we are proud to continue to support many programs that help feed, clothe and bring joy to families within our community.
Last year, you helped Shore to Shore donate more than 186 pounds of non-perishable food to the Downriver Food Pantry. With your help, we know we can beat last year’s total and make an even bigger impact.
According to www.feedingamerica.org, in 2015:
- 42.2 million Americans lived in food-insecure households, including more than 13.1 million
- 13 percent of households (15.8 million households) were food insecure.
- 5 percent of households (6.3 million households) experienced very low food security.
- Households with children reported food insecurity at a significantly higher rate than those without children, 17 percent compared to 11 percent.
- In 2014, 5.7 million Americans over the age of 60 were food insecure. This constitutes 9 percent of all seniors.
During the month of November, stop in either one of our branches and drop off your non-perishable food items to help those in need in our community. Some suggested items to bring in are dry pasta, rice, bottled or canned sauces, canned fruits, and vegetables – items that can help make a plentiful meal for a family in need.
If you would like more information about items to donate or about the Downriver Food Pantry, please see a Shore to Shore representative.
« Return to "Archived Blogs"