5 Easy Ways to Save Money on Your Summer Vacation!
In travel, cheap doesn’t have to mean bad. No matter what you’re planning for your next trip there are lots of ways to cut expenses and still enjoy a quality vacation you desire. Here are our top 5.
- Does your trip involve flying? Be flexible with your flights. A minor tweak in your travel plans can save a bundle, especially if you’re buying tickets for the whole family. Fly midweek instead of on a weekend, fly with stops instead of direct. These small changes can save you hundreds of dollars. Also, consider contacting a travel agent, sometimes they’re able to get better pricing on airline tickets.
- Think outside the box. Popular destinations are often the most expensive, but there are plenty of less expensive cities to visit on your next vacation.
- Skip the chain hotel. Consider lodging alternatives like mom-and-pop hotels, house-sitting, or apartment/house rentals.
- Take Free Tours. Major cities around the world offer free walking tours that allow you to visit the highlights.
- Sign up for a rewards credit card. By utilizing a card that rewards you for your everyday purchases, you can earn points year-round and then redeem them for great travel and gift card rewards. Did you know? Shore to Shore has a great rewards credit card, with a low-interest rate, no annual fees, and great rewards.
To learn more about how Shore to Shore can help you make your vacation dreams a reality, call us or stop in at either of our branch locations today.
« Return to "Archived Blogs"