Spring into your New Home with Shore to Shore!
Spring is the busy season for home buying, which by default makes it the most competitive time to find a home. With the warmer weather, couples and families are eager to look at new homes and begin home shopping. If you’re one of those people, who are ready to begin the search here are some tips to help you get started:
- Get a mortgage pre-approval– Knowing your budget and how much house you can afford will make the buying process much easier. You can rule out houses that are too expensive, and by already being pre-approved your real estate agent will know you are a serious buyer.
- Find a realtor– Finding a realtor is easy, but finding the right realtor for you can be tough. Make sure your realtor is someone you trust and is working for your best interests. Realtors have many responsibilities while working for you including; finding you houses to look at, giving professional advice, and speaking on your behalf during negotiations. Many realtors will ask you to sign a 90 to 120-day contract, so you want to make sure you find the right fit.
- Have savings set aside – There are a lot of costs involved in the home buying process that you’ll be responsible for which aren’t covered by a mortgage. Most of the time a down payment or deposit is requested before your offer will be accepted. Closing costs that go to titles, taxes, and insurances can cost thousands of dollars too, so being prepared for these expenses is a very important part of the buying process.
- Slow your spending– While you are buying a home, it can be a bad idea to make any large purchases such as a new TV or car. These things can have an adverse effect on your credit score, and the last thing you want to do while trying to get a mortgage loan is take a large hit to your score.
- Be patient – The home buying process can be very stressful and sometimes take months to finalize. Finding a house you love is just the beginning. After you find the perfect house, steps can include, negotiating price, getting the house inspected, scheduling repairs, and waiting for appraisals and contracts. It’s a long process that can frustrate the most patient of people, but once you are in your dream home, the process is well worth it.
If you’re looking to buy a new home or refinance your existing mortgage, S2S has you covered. Stop into either of our branches to see how we can help you today! Or click here to learn more.
Get started today by filling out the information below.
« Return to "Archived Blogs"