Spring Clean Your Debt!
Spring is here and it’s not only a good time to clean your house, it’s also the perfect time to look at your debt and create an action plan. We have some great tips that can help you spring clean your debt and get your finances back on track.
- Update or Create a Budget – The first thing you should do if you are going to take control of your finances is creating a budget. If you have a budget created already, spring is a great time to take a look at what you already have and update it based on changes to your monthly income or expenses. Understanding your income versus expenses helps you determine how much you can save. Blindly spending money is an easy way to find yourself in debt.
- Check Out Your Credit Score –Did you know you can look at your credit score once every year without it affecting you negatively at www.annualcreditreport.com. Checking your score annually will allow you to monitor for fraud and other things that could be affecting your score negatively.
- Check Your Insurance Coverages –Whether you use it or not, we all need insurance and the reality is without checking on your policies annually insurance premiums can increase. Shopping your insurance annually can lower your monthly costs and sometimes give you a better plan.
- Check Credit Card Interest Rates –As your credit score improves, you may qualify for better rates on your loans. Speak with your existing credit card providers and request a new rate for your credit cards. Lower rates can save your hundreds of dollars over the year. It’s also worth looking to see if you can save money on your auto loan or mortgage by refinancing at a better rate.
- Consider Getting a Debt Consolidation Loan –Sometimes the best way to get back on track is to consolidate all your debt into fewer payments. Doing this can help improve your credit score and usually comes with lower monthly payments. The money you save monthly can help pay down other debts or be put into a rainy-day savings.
Taking charge of your finances is an important step if you want to be financially fit. S2S is here to help you create that financial road map. Contact us to have a one-on-one for an account review today and see how we can help you spring clean your debt and save money.
Get started today by filling in the info below!
« Return to "Archived Blogs"Go to main navigation