We understand that people are constantly on the go, and we have developed a checking account to accommodate your busy lifestyle. With features like online banking and shared ATMs, you will have immediate access to your money. We offer personal and business checking account options, so you can take care of all of your financial needs at one institution.
When we say free checking, we mean free checking.
- No minimum balance
- No check cashing fees
- No per-check fee
- Online banking
- Mobile banking
- Overdraft protection
- Access to over 30,000 no-fee ATMs Nationwide through CO-OP Network
To support the businesses that grow our community, we offer all the convenience of our Personal Checking accounts transformed to meet your business needs. We provide businesses of all sizes and across multiple industries a checking solution that allows businesses to function without obstacles. For a low cost of $10 per month, you will receive no check cashing fees, no per-check fees and no minimum balance.
With this beneficial program, we will pay an item presented for payment against your Shore to Shore Community Federal Credit Union share draft checking account even if your account has a negative balance or if the check would cause the account to become overdrawn. There is a $35 per item fee for this service and protection will not exceed $500, plus fees.
As a member of Shore to Shore Community Federal Credit Union you have the right to revoke consent for the payment of overdrafts and one-time debit card transactions. If you would like to continue to have our overdraft service cover your ATM and everyday debit card transactions then you will need to notify us.
Click here for a copy of our notice that explains our Courtesy Pay (overdraft) program. Please return the notice to one of our locations in person, by mail or you can fax the form to 734-675-4204. At anytime in the future you have a right to revoke consent for Shore to Shore's Courtesy Pay Service. Click here for the Courtesy Pay Revocation Form.
Advantages of Courtesy Pay:
- Protects you from merchant returned check fees.
- Protects and avoids the embarrassment of returned checks.
- NSF items usually result in two fees being charged: one charged by the credit union and one charged by the merchant. Typically fees can range from $25 to $75 per occurrence.
- Courtesy Pay only charges one fee per item. Since the fee charged by Shore to Shore Community Federal Credit Union is about half the cost of combined fees from NSF items, courtesy pay can be a great savings for our members.
How does Courtesy Pay work?
When the share draft comes in and there is not enough money in the share draft checking account the procedures are as follows:
- We will transfer available money from your savings account first. Please click here for important information about Reg D.
- If you have an Overdraft Protection Loan, we will advance necessary funds in $100 increments and include a charge of $4 to honor the share draft.
- If money is not available in either of the above mentioned examples, we will seek the Courtesy Pay Bounce Check Protection Plan and charge a $35 per item fee.
Remember, Courtesy Pay costs you nothing unless Shore to Shore Community Federal Credit Union actually pays for an overdraft item. ATM transactions will NOT be covered through Courtesy Pay.
Sign up today or learn more about a checking account by stopping at one of our branches or fill out our online membership application.Go to main navigation